TIMELINE: 3 months
ROLE: Interaction designer in a 3 member design team (content, interaction designer, visual designer)
There are several problems that buyers and sellers might face after a transaction on eBay. For example:
- Seller did not receive the payment from the buyer
- Buyer did not receive the item after payment
- Item was damaged during shipping
- Buyer received an item that he is not happy with
Research revealed that a very significant percentage of buyers and sellers are not sure of the steps to take should a problem arise. This project aims at streamlining the experience to file complaints, negotiate, follow-up, resolve or escalate disputes.
- Improve accessibility and visibility to resolution
- Streamline the resolution flow, cut down unnecessary and repeated steps
- Help users trust that eBay (and PayPal) will resolve their problem
- Reduce buyer churn/lapse because of post-transaction problems
- Faster resolution time
I gathered the existing user research on churn around post-transaction problems. I documented the existing user journey of dealing with a post transaction problem. I worked with the product managers from eBay and PayPal to identify opportunities for improving the end-to-end process.